Google
 

Friday, August 31, 2007

HAiDER REVIEWS KANYE'S "THE GRADUATION"


Well I got the scoop on the new album by Kanye West titled, "The Graduation" from my many sources. They hackbustered me a copy of the CD. Minus the skits. Thank god, I hate those damn filler skits. It's just an excuse to say, yea I've got like 20 tracks on my album. Yea 11 of them are those damn skits. Okay that was a bit of an overexageration, but anyways I'll give you the quick review, I just don't feel like writing this long a$$ review. Besides this is my first review.
All the songs that I heard on the cd, were really well put together. In his sophmore album, "Late Registration" it lacked alot; it was like he wasn't trying; but this new one doesn't seem to lack much. I enjoyed the song "Stronger". I think that is my favorite song on the CD so far. I can see that becoming a music video. It was just well put together. The beats were great and the lyrics were great. "Another Time Too Soon" and "Can't Tell Me Nothing" were great songs too and have video potential.
I give the overall album a B-. Since I didn't get a version that had the skits, I couldn't grade any higher, but incidently I would have marked down for having far to many skits on the album even though it's only like 3, but I feel 1 skit is too much. But I like Kanye's theme he's had throughout his first 3 albums. The whole school thing was a great idea from a marketing standpoint.
50cent doesn't have anything on Kanye's album. 50cent will loose the bet that he's proposing to Kanye. And I've heard some bits and pieces of his new album and did it not sound good. Sounded cheap and messy. Nothing like his first album. "Get Rich or Die Trying" From what I heard of in this new album, all he seems to be rapping about these days is how rich he is. That gets old really fast.
So my opinion...go comp it when it comes out. The official release date is set as Sept. 11, 2007. But that could change, especially with 50cent challenging Kanye.

No comments:

Post a Comment