Google
 

Thursday, January 24, 2008

LET'S REVIEW...DIANETICS


Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science
L. Ron Hubbard

I've learned recently that you should do your research before talking about something or in my case blog ranting about it. If you don't you than you'll only sound like a fool. Your rants will be nothing more than a stupid rant.

With that said, I purchased (not at full price of course) L. Ron Hubbard's Dianetics: The Evolution of a Science. To get a better understanding of Hubbard and why he his Scientology ideas became such the cult religion it is today.

Well so far I've read about 4 chapters of the book. And it gave me a lot of insight into the mind of Hubbard. After reading only 4 chapters so far I've come to this conclusion. Hubbard is as dumb as a donkey - even dumber. His theories and philosophy is a bunch of jumbled scattered rants. His mind is everywhere and his writing is by far worse than mine. I'm no writer (he is). I haven't written a single book (he has), but I sure am considering it now, because Hubbard's writing is confusing and all over the place. None of it makes any real sense. He's right out stupid, no wonder lower intellectual people fall into the grasp of Scientology. Perfect example, Tom Cruise. Tom is not a smart man with a high IQ, in fact he's dyslexic. Hubbard in this book tries to sound like Confucius, but instead he sounds more like a retarded Confucius.

Here's an excerpt from the book:

I found that a "hardened criminal" with an obvious "criminal mind" was, in basic personality, a sincere, intelligent being with ambition and cooperativeness.
This was incredible. If this was basic brain, then basic brain was good. Then Man was basically good. Social nature was inherent! If this was basic brain...

(pg. 34 end of 3rd paragraph and all of the 4th paragraph.)

And it only gets better from there. I'll read more and give a full review of the book once finished. But so far I give it 1 out of 5 stars. That's subject to change after finishing the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment