Google
 

Sunday, May 4, 2008

CLOVERFIELD: MORE LIKE SUCKYFIELD



The movie of great anticipation this week for me was Cloverfield. Been waiting for the DVD to come out so I could rent it and finally watch it. So I watched it, and damn did it suck big time.

The idea of shooting it as a documentary type film was cool. Putting the DoD: Government Property disclaimer at the beginning of the film was a nice touch. But the rest of the film was a dud. The story is basic. Survival, rescue, and death. That's pretty much the formula for the film.

I just didn't like the idea that they've created this bigger than life monster, but there's no explanation for it. Where did it come from? What is it? Why is it here? It just appears and starts terrorizing the city. And at the end of the film you still don't know what it was, where it came from, or why it's there. And throughout the movie you barely got a good look at the creature til the end and even then it's very quick. So pretty much you're left at point "A" the whole time, you didn't go anywhere. To me that's just laziness on the writers part. I mean the writer doesn't leave you wanting more, nor satisfied. You're left hungry and disappointed.

I feel I've wasted 2 hours of my life. I'd rather have watched 27 Dresses again. I don't recommend wasting your time watching this movie. Not worth the rental.

No comments:

Post a Comment