Google
 

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

G.I. JOE: THE MOVIE OUT 2009



Gosh, I'm behind on my movie stuff. I'm usually aware of what's coming out but I didn't know this was coming out. Thanks to my friend the Mexican Wrestler for the heads up.

So out to be released in 2009 is the live action version of G.I. Joe. Now if you grew up in the 80's you know what I'm talking about. This was one of the best shows back in the days. Next to Transformers, Silver Hawk, Care Bears, Thunder Cats, He-Man, and Robotech. Tell me if I missed anything. Back then the cartoons were fun, nowadays they're too ANIME'ish and make no sense at all.

Okay so back to G.I. Joe's. I can't wait to see how this ends up. Hopefully better than Transformers, which in my opinion was a big disappointment. I can't believe Michael Bay "dumbed down" the Transformers. This should be more interesting though, since it's all pretty much human characters carrying the story and not CGI characters.

The character I'm interested in seeing in action is of course the coolest G.I. Joe, Snake Eyes. Especially since he's played by Darth Maul aka Ray Park. He's a perfect fit for Snake Eyes. So expect to see lots of crazy martial arts stunts. The casting of Cobra Commander is the only one that's got me a little concerned. He's going to be played by 3rd Rock From the Sun's Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Isn't he a bit young to be playing Cobra Commander? Other names casted or rumored to be cast are Dennis Quaid (casted/General Hawk), Christopher Eccleston (casted/Destro), Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (rumored/Shipwreck), Sienna Miller (casted/The Baroness), Brendan Freiser (rumored/Gung Ho), Marlon Waynes (casted/Ripcord), Channing Tatum (casted/Duke), Karolina Kurkova (casted/Cover-Girl), and Arnold Vosloo (casted/Zartan).

We'll just have to wait to see how this movie turns out. Let's hope they don't turn it into a joke, and instead take it seriously and make it for us. The kids (now adults) that grew up watching the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment