Google
 

Sunday, June 22, 2008

LIL WAYNE HITS A MIL IN SALES: WHO BUYS HIS CRAP?


The question is..."Who's buying a Lil' Wayne CD?" Who's actually spending money to listen to his music? I've never been able to get into his style of music. I'd rather listen to a CD of Manny Fresh or the Birdman than pop in his CD. I don't like that rappin style of his.

I prefer the styles of Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Common, or Kanye West. They a more solid and rich structure to their music. Lil Wayne's style is just nasty, half the time I don't know what he's saying or what he's rapping about. And his latest single "Lollipop" isn't very creative. I think it's pretty lame. I think all his music is pretty lame. But his newest CD is in demand like a "Jabbawockeez" shirt. I dunno I don't get it. Rap music today has become so contrived and gimmicky that it's just not fun to listen to. Only some artists like Common, Mos Def and Talib Kweli stay true to the music and put out music with actual substance to it.

Well much props to Lil Wayne for pullin in a mil on the first week of sales. That is an accomplishment. I just don't get how he did it....but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment